HOW IT ALL STARTED
If you have ever called the Think Fencing office then there is a good chance you and I have chatted about your fencing project.. My name is Jess! I have been working at Think Fencing for just over 4 years helping customers with their new fencing designs and orders
Before starting at Think Fencing I was working at a small Fish & Chips shop in Geelong and had never really had a customer service job. Then the opportunity came up to work for Think Fencing. When I met the small team at Think Fencing for the Job interview I was hooked on how passionate the team is for helping people design and deliver a seemingly mundane product. As a 21 year old girl whose passion is Makeup and Macedonian Dancing I didn’t even know the difference between one fence to another.
OUR JOB IS TO ASSIST YOU WITH CREATING YOUR DREAM FENCE.
My Job cooking fish and chips and dealing with the public, in some way, was going to set me up for designing and selling PVC fences! It all seemed a little scary at first as I had no idea what PVC even was – I am now a self proclaimed PVC fencing expert!
With the memory still fresh in my mind as to how little I knew of fencing, especially PVC fencing, I feel I am the most qualified to explain how our fencing systems work, and how we can make it work for you. As you may know, the team at Think Fencing do not do cold calling, we don’t have sales targets, or get paid commissions. Our job is to assist you with creating your dream fence. I can help you with all of the tricky questions and designs, such as “Can my fence be built on a slope”, or “How big does my gate need to be to get a 21 foot Jayco through”.
I love being able to help you on the design journey of your new fence. Just check out our reviews on Facebook or Google!! I can’t always take all the credit as I work with an amazing team..
LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT A TYPICAL THINK FENCING JOURNEY..
Starting a PVC fencing project requires answers to a number of questions, but no more than you could expect from any other kind of project. With the right assistance and guidance, you will achieve the perfect fence you’ve always dreamed of.
CLEARING THE SITE AND REMOVING THE EXISTING FENCING
Here are some tips and considerations on organising your fencing project.
THING YOU MAY CONSIDER:
- Can you remove the fence yourself? A lot of contractors are happy to not only quote the install but the removal of existing fences as well.
- Is the fence line level or on a slope? The best way to figure this out is to hold a tight string line across your property and then measure the distance/gap underneath.
INFORMATION OUR SALES TEAM WILL NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO QUOTE YOUR FENCING PROJECT:
- Which design would you like? Are you after the traditional picket fence look, a classy heritage style or a sleek modern look. Designs of our fencing can be found on our website or Product Catalogue.
- How high would you like your fence? Is it to keep things in or to keep prying eyes out?
- What colour fence would you like? We have 11 different colours to choose from. Starting with White and ending with our darkest colour Night Mist.
- What are your measurements? This is where our sales team will require a very rough drawn sketch from you to assist us with quoting your fencing project accurately. It does not matter if the diagram is not perfect, we can’t all be Picasso!
- Do you need any gates? We have a range of single, doubles & sliding gates to suit your opening requirements. Don’t want to get out of your car to open the gates? I know I don’t, that’s why we have Automation Systems for all sizes.
CAN YOU INSTALL YOURSELF?
- Our PVC fencing is made to be a DIY system. Are you able to measure & install the fencing yourself. No? Have no fear, we are happy to recommend installers that have worked with our products and are able to assist.
- Keep in mind any handyman or fencing contractor should have no troubles installing our fence.
TALKING TO A CONTRACTOR:
- We recommend getting 3 quotes for pricing.
- Be aware of the quality of the contractors work.
- Having worked with PVC before is not crucial but is a bonus.
The most important thing to remember is that no questions are too silly. I’ve heard, and answered, them all.
Thanks for taking the time to have a read of how you can go about getting your perfect fence – hopefully we’ll be talking soon about making that fence a reality 🙂